Sweet Start for Mother’s Day
Dear children members,
You can prepare a heart-warming breakfast for your mother this Mother’s Day. It is not difficult, as I will guide you step by step, and I am sure she will love it. You may cook a full breakfast or just one of the dishes.
Please be careful when you work on the stove and ask daddy for help if needed. Don’t ask mommy this time.
Scrambled Eggs & Italian Ham
1) Break eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly
2) Add sugar, salt, and milk.
3) Over medium heat, heat pan with a thin layer of butter.
4) Place the bread, one slice at a time, into the bowl
5) Let the bread soak up egg mixture for a few seconds
6) Carefully turn to coat the other side
7) Transfer bread slices to the pan, cooking one by one
8) Heat slowly until bottom is golden brown
9) Turn and brown the other side
10) Serve French Toast hot with butter and syrup
SCRAMBLED EGGS & ITALIAN HAM
1) Break the eggs into a bowl, and add the cheddar cheese
2) Add the salt and milk and beat, just enough to blend
3) Place the butter in a glass or ceramic pie plate
4) Melt 2 minutes in the microwave
5) The butter will get a golden brown color.
6) Pour the beaten eggs and the ham into the hot butter.
7) Microwave 1 minute at medium high.
8) Stir gently. If necessary, microwave another minute.
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and honey.
2) In another bowl, add the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
3) Pour the balsamic vinegar mixture over the berries
4) Let the fruit marinate for 1 hour
5) Drain the marinade
6) To serve, divide the berries into 2 serving dishes. Place the shortbread biscuit on the side of the bowl.
1) Put the juices, water, and sugar in the bowl
2) Mix everything with whisk
3) Put the 3 cubes of ice into the glass
4) Pour the fizz into the glass
After a two-month refurbishment our Hair and Beauty Salon re-opened on Saturday, April 17. The feedback from our members so far has been overwhelmingly positive. The comments I have been receiving from our clients include better privacy of the hair cutting stations, the fantastic new children’s hair cutting area and the quality finishes of the beauty rooms. I encourage all members to pop in and take a look around. Our Salon Manager Michael and his team are eager to show you their new Salon!
I am pleased to announce the promotion of one of our Activities Team, Purdey Ngan, to S&R Operations Manager, effective May 1. Purdey has been at the Club for a couple of years now and I am very happy to be able to give her this opportunity. She is very excited about her new role. Please say hello when you see her around the Club.
We have many more improvements planned in S&R in 2010, so watch this space.
I am very excited to let you know about the Club’s latest addition – the IT Centre, which opens in May.
The Club’s new IT Centre, situated on the first floor, offers expert assistance in software and gadget use and anything else tech-related. This means that Members now have a one-stop location for easy instruction and advice from our new resident IT Coaches, Gavin Kwan and Ming Lai, on how to use, and get the most from, their new laptops, handheld devices, mobile phones and more. Gavin and Ming can also advise on the best equipment to suit individual Members’ needs.
I will keep you posted with the latest news about the opening.